THE “DYNAMITE STYLE” CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES
This contest is organized by Groupe Dynamite Inc. 5592 Ferrier Street, Town of Mount Royal, Quebec, Canada, H4P 1M2 (the "Sponsor"), owner of the Dynamite brand ("Dynamite"). The “Dynamite Style” contest (the “Contest”) starts on Friday, September 17, 2021, at 10 a.m. (ET) and ends on Friday, November 12, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (the "Promotion Period"). All contest entries must be received by the Sponsor before the end of the Promotion Period. No purchase required. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
Instagram® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc., protected under US and international trademark law. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram®. You are providing your personal information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram®. By participating in this Contest, each participant (and his/her legal guardian or parents, where applicable) agrees to and effectively releases and forever discharges Instagram® from any and all claims, demands, actions, damages, liabilities, costs, losses and expenses arising out of, or in connection with, the Contest.
This contest is open to legal residents of Canada and the continental USA, with the exception of the state of Alaska, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. Participants under the legal age of majority in the province or state in which they reside must have the approval of their parent or legal guardian who has reached the age of majority to participate in this contest. Employees of the Sponsor and their parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and their immediate families living in the same household, are not eligible to enter (for the purpose of the contest, immediate family includes children, siblings or parents).
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, participants (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable), agree to be bound by and accept the terms and conditions of these official rules (the “Rules”). The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
How to participate:
***There is no limit to the number of entries per person, during the Promotion Period.*** Entries generated by a script, macro or any other automated means are void. Any entries that contain misprints, that have been altered, are incomplete, inaccurate or irregular in any way, or do not comply with the Rules, must also be disqualified.
There are two (2) ways to enter to win a Prize:
- i) Online Entry: From September 17, 2021, at 10 a.m. (ET) until November 12, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (ET), participants must post a picture, video or reel on Instagram wearing a full Dynamite outfit. They must tag Dynamite’s Instagram feed (@dynamiteclothing) and use the hashtag #dynamitestyle to be eligible to each win. Participants must be following @dynamiteclothing and must have a public account.
- ii) Mail Entry: Enter by sending a letter in which you will tell us why you love Dynamite in at least 250 words with your first and last names, address, date of birth, daytime telephone number, email address, and the correct answer to this skill-testing question (4x2) + 6, and mail it in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to DYNAMITE STYLE CONTEST, Groupe Dynamite Inc., 5592 Ferrier Street, Town of Mount Royal, Quebec, Canada, H4P 1M2. To be eligible, the entries must be postmarked November 8, 2021, and received by the Sponsor November 13, 2021, at the latest.
By commenting on one of the official contest posts on Dynamite’s Instagram feed (@dynamiteclothing), or mailing in their registration, each Participant agrees to these Official Rules. Entries received before and/or after the Promotion Period will be void. All expenses incurred by the Participants to enter the Contest, including, without being limited to, Internet or mail fees, equipment and taxes, are the sole responsibility of the Participants and will not be refunded by the Sponsor.
There will be a total of eight (8) Prizes awarded as follows:
One (1) five hundred dollar ($500) Dynamite gift card
The total prize value for this Contest is $4000 (CAD/USD). The currency of the prize will be awarded in the currency of the country in which the winner resides.
The selection of the winners will be held on September 24th, October 1st, October 8th, October 15th, October 22nd, October 29th, November 5th and November 15th, 2021, in the presence of witnesses at the Sponsor’s offices at 5592 Ferrier Street, Town of Mount Royal, Quebec, Canada, H4P 1M2, at noon (ET). All potential winners, with the exception of those who participated via mail-in entry, must be following Dynamite on Instagram (@dynamiteclothing).
Winner notification process
Participants who entered on Instagram will be notified by a direct message (DM) sent to the account with which they entered the contest. They must correctly answer the mathematical question provided in the direct message within the specified time provided. Mail-in participants will be contacted at the email address provided on their entry. They must have correctly answered the mathematical question on their entry. The winners have three (3) business days after the winner selection process to claim their prize. If the potential winners are under the age of majority in their province or state of residence, their parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the Winner Declaration Form claiming the prize on their behalf. Groupe Dynamite Inc. reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the signatory of the affidavit.
If a participant cannot be reached or does not claim their Prize within three (3) business days, Dynamite reserves the right, at its absolute sole discretion, to not select another winner.
1. The Sponsor will not enter into any correspondence pertaining to this Contest, except with potential winners (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable). Dynamite shall not be responsible under any conditions whatsoever for any problems or technical malfunctions relating to the Contest or for any online errors, printing errors or typographical errors or problems in connection with any Contest-related materials.
2. By entering this Contest, Participants (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable) agree that they have not purchased electronic equipment or Internet or telephone services for the purpose of entering this Contest. Participants (and their legal guardians or parents, where applicable) agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption to the Contest and/or to prevent others from entering the Contest, as prohibited by law. Any attempt by anyone to damage or interrupt the Contest shall be considered a violation under criminal and civil law. The Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies against such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
3. Dynamite assumes no responsibility for any technical malfunction of mobile systems, servers or access providers. Dynamite assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or ineligible text messages, or for any mobile, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of this promotion. If, for any reason, it is not possible to run this promotion as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of Dynamite, or any act corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), Dynamite reserves the right, at its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Under no circumstances shall Dynamite be liable for any losses or damages resulting from the use of, or reliance upon, the information or use of the mobile systems, servers, access providers or equipment. Dynamite makes no warranty or guarantee as to the timelines, accuracy or completeness of the information, or that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Dynamite and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (herein collectively referred to as the “Entities”) disclaim any and all representations and warranties, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with all mobile discount offers.
4. The Sponsor, and its respective affiliated entities and divisions and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives disclaim any and all representations and warranties, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with all prizes. Each Participant assumes all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest, or the use or misuse of any Prize granted herein, including any and all losses, damages, claims, actions and causes of action with respect to any Prize so granted (including, without limitation, in connection with travel, if applicable). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, by entering the Contest, each Participant agrees to and effectively releases and forever discharges the Entities from any and all damages, rights, claims, costs and actions of any kind whatsoever arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any Prize (or part of a Prize) awarded in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, personal injury, death and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
5. Additionally, all Participants assume all liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by the Contest including any and all losses, damages, claims, actions and causes of action in connection with the Contest.
6. A Prize must be accepted as is, and no transfer, substitution or prize equivalent shall be permitted without Dynamite's permission. If a Prize or any portion thereof cannot be awarded due to actions or circumstances beyond the control of Dynamite, or for any other reason whatsoever, the Sponsor reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater retail value to the Prize or the non-awarded portion of the Prize, as the case may be. A Prize cannot be redeemed for cash or other gift cards. A Prize cannot be combined or used in conjunction with any other contest or offer. No component of any Prize may be returned after pick-up. Choices of products and services that may be purchased with a gift card or subscription service are subject to availability. No rain checks will be provided.
7. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received by the end of the Promotion Period. All entries become the property of Dynamite.
9. Each Participant hereby releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sponsor from any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of actions, damages, liabilities, costs, losses, expenses without limitation, including as may be related to the invasion of privacy, infringement of their rights of publicity or personality, defamation, libel, slander and/or any other personal, moral and/or property rights in any way arising out of their participation in the Contest.
10. All expenses related to the receipt and use of the Prizes including travel, surcharges, fees, taxes (federal, provincial, state, and local), incidentals, if any, are the sole responsibility of each Prize-winning Participant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all expenses not specifically stated herein to be the responsibility of the Sponsor shall be the sole responsibility of each Participant. No refund or compensation of any costs or expenses incurred by a Prize-winning Participant shall be made. The Sponsor denies any liability or responsibility in connection with any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising out of this Contest or the Prizes.
11. In addition to all of the foregoing conditions, if and where applicable, each selected participant (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable), in order to be eligible to receive their Prize, must sign a declaration of eligibility, license and release, in a form to be provided by the Sponsor, which relieves the Sponsor from any and all liability for injury associated with any Prize awarded to them, as well as satisfy any and all laws and regulations and other criteria required by the Prize winner’s province of residence. The declaration of eligibility, license and release must be returned to Dynamite within three (3) business days of it having been provided to the Prize winner. Once a Prize winner has satisfied these requirements, they will be entitled to claim their Prize.
12. Any selected Participant who fails to abide by the terms set forth in these Rules will be disqualified and may, at Dynamite’s sole and absolute discretion, be banned from participating in Dynamite contests for a period to be determined by Dynamite, without prejudice to Dynamite’s right to seek additional remedies for any damages that it may have incurred due to the breach of these Rules by said Participant. Should any of the selected Participants be disqualified for any reason, not claim their Prize within the specified time, not comply with the Rules or incorrectly answer the mathematical skill-testing question within the time allotted, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, may or may not select an alternate Prize winner (or winners).
13. It is the Participant’s (and their legal guardians’ or parents’, where applicable) sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing at the address indicated above if they change their address or other contact information. All corrections must be received prior to the expiry of the Promotion Period.
14. For Quebec Participants (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable), any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Dynamite will immediately notify the Régie in writing of the cancellation of this contest or of changes made to these Official Rules after the prescribed form referred to in section 59 of the Act respecting lotteries, publicity contests and amusement machines has been filed with the Régie.
15. If any terms of the Rules are or become invalid, are ruled illegal by the Régie or by any court of competent jurisdiction, or are deemed unenforceable under current applicable law, it is the intention of the parties hereto (and the Participants’ legal guardians and parents, where applicable) that the remainder of the Rules not be affected and remain in full force and effect.
For a copy of these Rules, go to www.dynamiteclothing.com or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: Dynamite, 5592 Ferrier Street, Town of Mount Royal, Quebec, Canada, H4P 1M2, ATTENTION: Dynamite Customer Service.